Top Structure Technology
The Amalooloo Precast Toilet Comply with SANS 10400 Q as proposed in the latest final draft of SANS 10400 (Part Q).
According to SANS 10400 – Q: 2004, (definition 3.3) the product must comply with an engineer’s evaluation certificate as approved by a competent person who is registered in terms of the Engineering Professions Act, 2000 (Act No: 46 of 2000) as either a professional engineer or a professional engineering technologist and has a tertiary qualification (degree or diploma) in either civil or mechanical engineering.
Amalooloo Structures have been developed along sound engineering principals proven and tested by scientific methods. The testing was done by means of equipment available in the in-house laboratory of Betram (Pty) Ltd. On site evaluation has always been conducted on a continuous basis by ourselves and it is hereby certified by us as qualified Professional Engineers, FIT FOR PURPOSE.
The Super Structure consists of:
Base panel (1)
Side panel (4)
Back panel (2)
Roof panel (1)
The unique technologies of the Super Structure consist of the following:
Design / Panel Design
- Designed and supplied in kit form for easy transportation and installation, especially in urban, peri-urban and rural areas
- Steel reinforced concrete panels can be easily assembled by non-skilled persons in the community
- The construction of the individual panels includes an anti-corrosive stainless steel channel in between the concrete panels to ensure complete privacy. This channel technology prevents anybody from looking in from the outside and provides stability and safety
- Stainless steel channel assists with easy assembly of overall structure
- Steel reinforced concrete panels with minimum 28 day strength of 40 MPA
- constructed with steel reinforced concrete
- provided with a drip tray
- stainless steel door has a sturdy frame
- internal and external locking device that is safe and user friendly
- design prevents rodents, insects and the ingress of dirt
- opens outward and only on a non corrosive steel pivotal hinge
- no spring loaded fixing hinges will be allowed
- 110 mm in diameter x 2 700 mm long in black plastic
- UV resistant
- vent cowl
- fly screen
- holder bats and bolts non-corrosive and supplied with toilet kit
- vent pipe opening in the cover slab designed to prevent the pipe of falling into the pit
- robust and able to withstand wind forces up to 120 km per hour
- can withstand the vertical movement of heaving sub-soils without cracking
- All fixing components and accessories are anti-corrosive
- Non-slip floor strips
- Solar panel
- Accessible for persons with physical disabilities
- Low maintenance costs and activity
Handling and Installation
- Require minimum tools and no water or electricity to assemble
- Easy to assemble on site, including confined spaces, ie. between existing structures in difficult topographical areas
- Can be installed to the specifications of the Supplier
- Have the specific property to be moved (by the beneficiary) to a new position by disassembly over the full pit and re-assembly over a new pit
- Requires no more than 2 people to handle safely. The concrete panel technology is user-friendly and is designed to be installed by community members, including women (minimal training necessary)
Tool requirement for construction
- Spirit level.
- Hand gloves for safety.
- Screwdriver (flat)
Local Community Involvement:
The Amalooloo System provides labour opportunities for Local Community members during the erection of these units. Both men and women are able to erect these structures. No specific skill requirements are necessary as components are easily handled by hand and no mechanical equipment is required for construction.
Panels are palletized and economically transported on 34 ton interlinks. 50 Units can be accommodated on a 34 ton truck. Smaller truck loads can also be accommodated. Panels from the off-loading area to households can be carried by hand, wheel barrows or any other means of transportation.
Off-loading on site:
The off-loading area needs to be level and clean. Off-Loading can be done by local community men and woman and or with a forklift.